Are you considering switching teams by turning in your Apple iPhone for an Android phone? Well if you hope to make the transition as smooth as possible, here are five key points to help you along the way.
- A Seamless Switch – Whether you are using Microsoft Exchange or Google Apps, be sure you are able to successfully transfer your email, contacts and calendars. It’s always a good idea to keep this info backed up just in case you run into any problems along the way.
- Analyze Your Apps – Your iOS apps are obviously no good on your new Android phone, so plan ahead. Be sure to find the Android version of any apps that are crucial to your personal or professional life before making the switch. Don’t leave yourself faced with last minute panic when you are left without the apps that you need.
- Tune In – Transferring your music over should be nothing to beat yourself up over. Simply transfer your music over from iTunes to Google Music using the music manager option in your iTunes.
- Camera Keepers – Be sure to download any videos and pictures you want to keep to you computer. From there, simply upload them to your new Android phone. You can also use a wireless cloud sharing service to transfer files wirelessly between the devices.
- Text Transfer – If you have important text messages you want to keep, try using the iSMS2droid app or Samsung Kies program to restore you iPhone backup data.
One final word to the wise. If you are switching over from an iPhone to an Android, take the opportunity to upgrade. To make the transition as smooth as possible and stay happy with your decision, go with a higher-end model such as the Samsung Galaxy.
President & CEO
I hope you enjoyed this article. My mission is to take your stress away from dealing with IT problems. Call (919) 800-0888 or send me a message at our contact us page if you have a question, comment or want help.